Area Rugs in Philadelphia
Area rugs are an essential element of home décor that can add much-needed warmth, color, and style to your space. These unattached rugs will sit atop your basic flooring anywhere you need some added plushness, traction, or color. When you shop for area rugs at Reinhart Carpet Outlet, you will find a seemingly endless selection of styles and sizes to fit into virtually any home. Read on to see what you need to know before purchasing new area rugs in Philadelphia
Why Invest in Area Rugs?
Large area rugs can be somewhat costly, particularly if you choose those from high-end designers or those made from premium materials like wool. Still, they are well-worth the investment, because they can completely transform your home, whether they are featured in the living room, dining room, bedrooms, or hallways.
- Protect hard flooring from heavy furniture – If your home primarily features hard flooring like vinyl, hardwood, or laminate, then you may be concerned about scratches on the floor’s surface from large couches, beds, and other pieces of furniture. Placing these items on an area rug can eliminate the worry of scratches and keep furniture from sliding around.
- Create a focal point within any room – The area rug might be the first design feature you pick out for any room, because it can set the tone for the room’s colors and style. Alternatively, you might spot the perfect area rug to tie the room together after you have selected furniture, window treatments, and other details.
- Add warmth and sound absorption – When there is no carpeting in a home, it can feel like an echo chamber. Area rugs can absorb some sound as well as create warmth, so you can comfortably walk around barefoot.
- Separate spaces within an open floor plan – In a home with an open floor plan, it may be necessary to create visual separation of each distinct space. An area rug can create a centerpiece for a seating area or serve as a boundary between rooms when there is no wall to divide the spaces.
What Should You Look for in an Area Rug?
Along with the style and materials you want, you will want to look for an area rug in the appropriate shape and size. Rectangular rugs are more traditional and common, but circular, square, and other geometric shaped rugs can add a unique twist on classic style or fit into irregularly shaped rooms. The size of the room will be a critical determining factor for your purchase, because area rugs come in a wide range of sizes. In addition, larger rugs will be costlier, so you should not pay for more rug than you need in a given space.
Reinhart Carpet Outlet can help you create the interior space of your dreams with all types of flooring with selections from leading industry brands. To learn more about what we have to offer, visit our Philadelphia store or call us today.
We Do Floors Right
- Free In-Home Estimates
- Enormous Inventory
- Family Owned & Operated Since 1895
- Professionally Trained Carpet Installers